I have to admit that I have way too much to be doing right now but I wanted to take a few minutes and write some of my thoughts.
I am not sure what lesson plan God has me on now that I have submitted to him in everything but it sure has been interesting. Christmas Eve I wake up at 6:30, head down stairs to get the day going. I had hoped to work for a few hours and then come home and enjoy the afternoon with my family...notice I said "hoped". I heard a "drip..drop, drip..drop" somewhere in the quite, dark house. I followed the noise and looked up to see water coming through the ceiling tiles onto the dinning room floor. As I felt all of the emotions start to come to surface (how much is this going to cost!, what a great way to start the day!, etc, etc) I actually felt God's peace. I smiled and said..."well what are you going to do?" I then proceeded to shovel snow off the roof and patch up the area with roof sealing. I am still working on the ceiling but it looks presentable enough and I had planned to replace the tile ceiling this spring anyways...
I had coffee with Pastor Jeff a few days ago and we talked about living a life like this... I think 2 weeks ago I would have been in the hospital with a heart attack if our ceiling was leaking. Now my thought was, "how can God be glorifed in this?". Even today...I had a few setbacks this morning. Again, I had hoped to spend some time in my office this morning but things happened. How can God be glorifed in all of this? Can I live that way everyday?? Imagine if we all did? There would be nothing that we would go through that would get us down or cause us to worry. maybe that is the kind of life Jesus was talking about? Living a life of glory to God and not myself. If I am not living for myself why do I care if things are not going my way or if things are uncomfortable for me? God loves me more than I can ever understand..he will not let things happen to me that I cannot handle by his grace. I want to live this way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Go For It!!!
And keep me in your prayers as I "Go For It!!!" too.
Amen!
Post a Comment