I am in the middle of doing a few things in my office getting ready for a busy day tomorrow and Friday when I had a thought. Not sure why I was thinking about this in the mist of e-mails, filing, scheduling and phone calls but I thought...are the holidays fun anymore?
I remember a time when the holidays really brought a sense a peace, hope and joy. It seemed like everything was ok in the world for a few days. Now we hear things like "...sure is tough this time of the year with the economy." or "...must be hard this time of the year because he lost a love one." or as I always say in my business "...no one wants to make any decisions this time of the year. Holidays are always tough.". If holidays are so tough...why do we celebrate them? This sounds so clique but maybe we have forgotten why we have the holiday. ?
This year I want to pledge to take the time to really wrap my head and heart around the fact that God came to earth as a baby. There are many thousands of pages that can and have been written about that last sentence. The God who holds all of the universe in his hands came to earth as a helpless little baby. Wow... I actually thought about that for one second and it almost knocked me out of my cushy office chair. What can God do if I really spent some time thinking about that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment