Thursday, June 3, 2010

God is a God of hope

I was just reading through some old posts of mine from over a year ago. I was in a very low place at that time and very depressed. I read through my words and I can remember how I felt. In a few cases I remember feeling hopeless. I actually can remember feeling that way 5 months ago when I returned to Fetch Logistics. I felt like a failure...like someone who wasted 6 years learning an industry only return washed up on shore at the same place where I started.

However...the God of hope kept me strong when I literally did not want to continue. I kept doing the things I knew I was supposed to do and committed to being the best I could be where I was at for God's glory. I kept saying "one day at a time". I can now say that the feelings of depression and hopelessness are gone. I no longer feel like a washed up failure.

I was given a promotion at Fetch Logistics last Friday. I now have a position that I have wanted for the last 4 years. Fetch is starting a new branch within the Buffalo office and I will be the branch manager. There will be 2 people working for me starting July 1st. I will be in charge of every aspect of this branch and while it will be challenging I am very excited. I can look back and realize that the last 6 years in this business was not wasted. But most of all I can look back and say that God is a God of hope!

No comments: