Why do I want God? Why do I want to be near him? Why do I want to read his word? Why do I want to fellowship with other believers? Why do I want to help others? Why do I pray?
What is my agenda? What is my reason for going before God?
God, I will seek you because you will bless me. I will pray so that you will answer my prayer. I will help others because I look good. I will sacrifice because I think it will make me appear more holy, more devote. I will worship you because it is an emotional experience that makes me FEEL better.
If I knew that nothing else would ever change in my life would I still seek God? Can my only goal be God? I just want you God...nothing else. Just to gaze on you and lay my head on your chest. Just to be near you. Nothing else...just God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment