I was reading Ecclesiastes this morning and for the first time in awhile I was really struck with how empty life is without God. It is downright miserable to exist in this world without a relationship with God. How does anything make sense? We are born, live a few years, then die. What is the purpose of it all unless there was a God who has a plan for each of our short lives.
Looking at it from that perspective it changes your thinking a little bit. Is my main goal in life to obtain a certain status, a position, money, things, etc? Or can I give God every second of my life and wherever he sends me and whatever he provides will be more than enough to satify?
During VBS this year one of the songs was called "Faith". The chorus goes "Faith to see beyond what I can see, Faith to know that you will do great things. I will trust you Lord I'll always believe..." That is what I want...Faith to see beyond what I can see in front of me. God has so much more for us than just filling our bank accounts and building big homes. I want to be smack in the middle of God's plan regardless of what everyone around me thinks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment