Friday, April 24, 2009

The One that got away....

I arrived at my office this morning a little down. As I put my briefcase down and pulled out my laptop I had these words come to mind..."I have decided, I have resolved to wait upon the Lord...". This the opening verse to the song "You'll Come" by Hillsong United. I had not listened to this song in awhile but those words were what I needed to hear. Funny how God works sometimes...

I had been working on a new account for several days this week. This is a decent sized account and would have been great for my office. Bringing in this account consumed me this week...so I guess you know how the rest of the story goes. After clearly seeing how much money we would save this company, they decided to stay with their current carrier at this point. Not totally dead but on the back burner now.

Of course this hit me like a 2x4 square in the face. To make it worse, this is the 5th time this has happened to me this year. I pitch these great companies and really start to move forward with them. Then in the last second they decide not to use us. It would have been huge if any one of these accounts would have become a customer.

However, as I complain about these ones that get away I lose site of the fact that God blessed me with the best week I have ever had with my company. I am already beating last month's numbers with a week still left in this month. I was also told that a good chunk of business is ours from a new account I on working on. So I sort of feel like some people I read about who complained about God's provision for them everyday in the form of manna.

Can I resolve today to wait upon the Lord? I think of another song by Chris Tomlin that says "I will wait for you to Move...for your mighty hand to save. When the trouble waters rise, you are my hiding place." I just read yesterday the verse that says a thousand years are like a day to God. Do I believe that?

I resolve today that I want nothing more than to be smack in the middle of God's will for my life no matter what that may be... I am not going going to cry about the one that got away. I only want every moment of this day to be for his glory.

No comments: