As a followup to yesterday's post I actually experienced some "diaster" today. The second big account I mentioned in yesterday's post decided at this point not to use us. I have spent the last 45 minutes on the phone with the company and on the phone with my bosses. We still think that at some point we will get business from them but it will be longer than I expected.
So...how do I deal with this imposter called "diaster" today? It really is not a diaster because I did not lose them and it really did not effect me at all. But I am extremely disappointed right now. The tendency is to just have a little pity party for myself and waste the day away. However, what I want to do is what I had planned to do today. I am spending today and tomorrow in my office calling through about 100 leads. Of course in those leads there will be some decent opportunity for my company.
It is so funny that when things are going well it is easy for us to forget about God and think that we are in control. God is in control of every event that occurs today including this disappointment. My steps are ordered by God and I need to walk In step with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Constant Surrender aka "iCrucified"
I often ponder in times such as these in my own life; "God, You knew this was going to happen before I ever arrived at this moment of life..." The question we have to ask ourselves (or I ask myself), "How am I going to respond to this and bring glory to my God?" I find things always work to the good when I practice what I refer to as the Deutero-Colosse principle (Deuteronomy 6:5 and Colossians 3:17, 23) amen.
Post a Comment