I had a great time this morning having breakfast with Al. There were a lot of great things that we pointed out but thinking on my 20 second drive back to my house :) I realized I have been letting my emotions control me these last few days. Emotions are obivously important in life and I don't want to be detached from them but once they start controling my actions then there is a problem. for instance, yesterday was a very unproductive day for me because I let my emotions about what is happening to me financially control my mood and my actions. I have an awesome opportunity to start an office here in Buffalo for a large logistics company. An awesome opportunity with a great future but I need to spend my time right now bringing in new business. That needs to be my only focus during the day for the next several months. My emotions cannot keep me from the job I know I can do successfully if I focus.
Plus I realized that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and FOREVER! Jesus does not change just because I don't feel good about something. I need to keep my emotions in check with the facts. Fact: Jesus never changes...he is always there. My emotion: God where are you...why are you not here now. Why can't I FEEL you here. reality: Jesus did not change and I am letting my emotions control me. Just as Jesus used scripture as he was being tempted I need to remind myself during the day the truths of God and his blessings. I need to remind myself of the talents and ablities he gave me and stop letting emotions control me!
I think it is funny too how I want instant results. God I want to feel better now! I think about my daughters and how I would do anything for them but there are certain things that they want that I will not let them have because it is not good for them. Kayla would love to have candy every night for dinner. I could say ok Kayla, I want you to be happy so I will let you have candy everynight. Obiviously the results of that would be horrible. I think there are many times that I ask God for candy and cry when he does not let me have what I want. But the results of me having the candy that I think is so important right now would be much more horrible than Kayla eating too much candy. I need to realize that and thank God for his blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment